The Power of Phytonutrients Powerful Antioxidants for Your Skin and Hair
The Power of Phytonutrients, Powerful Antioxidants for Your Skin and Hair
You can’t see it, but your skin and hair are in a constant attack by free radicals. These are the damaging molecules that come from light, pollution, smoke, and more.
Free radicals are unstable molecules with one or more unpaired electrons. As electrons always like to be in pairs. They attack the healthy cells to gain electrons and become stable.
When free radicals attack healthy cells of your body, they change their composition and leave them unable to function properly. Excessive attack of free radicals decreases the defense mechanism of the body and leads to progressive damage to cellular structures. This all contributes to oxidative stress on hair and skin, but there is no need to worry, we have a solution!
Phytonutrients, The Powerful Antioxidants
To compensate for the damage, and keeping up the level of healthy cells, it is necessary to incorporate antioxidants in your diet by eating healthy food or taking supplements rich in phytonutrients.
Antioxidants are the molecules that keep an eye on free radicals and prevent them from taking electrons from healthy cells. They instead give an electron to free radicals from themselves without becoming unstable. Antioxidants are natural substances, and their job is to clean up the free radicals.
Plant extracts contain thousands of natural chemicals known as phytochemicals or phytonutrients. Plants use phytonutrients to protect themselves against predators. In the human body, they fight with free radicals and neutralize them.
There is a vast range of phytonutrients in TrichoSMART and DermaSMART that act as antioxidants and protect your skin and hair. Let’s get to know some of the key phytonutrients present in both supplements.
- Spirulina- It is a natural algae that is rich in protein and nutrients. The high content of vitamin A, E, B-12, calcium, iron phosphorous prevents free radicals to damage your skin and hair. It makes your skin look toned and youthful. It speeds up hair growth.
- Astaxanthin- It is a carotenoid pigment and a powerful antioxidant. It lowers oxidative stress and smoothens wrinkles, fades age spots, and maintains skin moisture. Astaxanthin has been reported to block the activity of 5-alpha-reductase which prevents the testosterone from changing into dihydrotestosterone. It greatly reduces hair fall.
- Saw Palmetto- It is a botanical extract that is obtained from the berries. Fatty acids present in saw palmetto nourishes the skin deeply. It treats skin irritation, controls the production of sebum, and inhibits the growth of acne-causing bacteria. Saw palmetto is very effective in the treatment of alopecia or pattern baldness in men and women. It enhances the growth of new and healthy hair.
- Lycopene- It is a powerful antioxidant obtained from red foods including watermelon, tomatoes, and grapefruit. It is a carotenoid that gives color to certain foods. Lycopene is dominant carotenoid that improves the condition of skin tissues. It evens out the skin tone and fades wrinkles. Lycopene enhances the blood flow and helps in cell restoration, which makes it very beneficial for the scalp and hair. It boosts collagen production and strengthens the hair strands.
- Beta-carotene- It is a compound that is first derived from carrot roots. After ingesting, it converts into vitamin A that is a strong antioxidant. It protects your skin against UV rays, environmental pollutants, and free radicals produced by them. Vitamin A hydrates your skin and prevents premature aging signs. Consuming beta-carotene helps you to get rid of many hair problems. It strengthens the hair fibers, prevents breakage, and increases growth.